Services for Young People can provide employers with a free Employer Guide to Work Experience which is a step by step support manual to help you to offer a successful placement.
The guide includes:
- Actual tasks/projects/jobs you can give young people to do whilst on their placement to support your business
- The process prior to, during and after work experience to alleviate any concerns and provide step by step information
- Hints and tips for successful work experience and how to get the best out of the placement
- How to set up a timetable and share responsibility for the student so that teams can be involved rather than one individual or manager
- How to use Link2+ (online booking system) to see which schools have booked your opportunity/opportunities
- The work of our dedicated and experienced staff and the ways they can help you with the work experience placement
- Common misconceptions with regards to work experience
- Health and safety queries
- How companies can feedback to Services for Young People on their experience in order that we respond to the needs of companies and improve our service
- How to support a wide range of students, including those with LDD if you choose to support young people with additional learning needs
- Useful websites for employers
Download an electronic version of the guide here:
or to obtain a free hard copy please email SfYP@hertfordshire.gov.uk or call us on 0300 123 7538.