Value of the programme
The 'Steps to Success' pre-NEET programme gives tailored support to help each young person progress their current education programme into a successful pathway of education, employment and training, allowing them to explore career pathway choices and gain knowledge of the steps needed to achieve their goals. Steps to Success will enable them to develop knowledge, skills and employability characteristics and to develop links with employers.
Steps to Success targets those who:
- Are at risk of dropping out of education
- Are unsure if they are on the right course/programme
- Lack motivation, have attendance issues or other personal factors preventing them from attending education.
The virtual or face-to-face Steps to Success programme offers:
- Informative, engaging, interactive sessions for students
- Support from qualified careers advisers to help students re-engage and make a timely decision about their future
- Topics such as: employability and CV skills, investigating careers and labour market information (LMI), employer encounters and identifying options, choices and opportunities
- Support with applications for employment, education and apprenticeships
- Activities that help meet the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Students in school
- Students at college
- Students in Education Support Centres
- Face-to-face delivery: Herts, Beds, Cambs, Bucks, Essex and North London
- Virtual delivery: any location
Who should purchase this service?
- Careers leaders/coordinators
- KS Leaders
- Curriculum planners
- WEX/WRL Coordinators
“The most positive thing about the programme is being able to have a good knowledge of different career choices and routes for the future thanks to my adviser.”
- Stevenage student