The new Explore More! programme was developed by Services for Young People (SfYP) in partnership with HCC’s Virtual School for Year 9 students who have Children in Need (CiN) or Child Protection (CP) plans. The students meet with a dedicated SfYP Personal Adviser and can also receive additional support from an SfYP Youth Worker. A bespoke package of activities is designed for them that develops the skills and knowledge they need to make realistic and informed decisions about their future.
The programme is currently in pilot stage and is initially being trialled in five Stevenage schools: three mainstream schools, one education support centre (ESC) and one special school for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The programme provides:
- Dedicated, impartial careers advice and guidance from a professionally qualified Personal Adviser once every half term
- Additional support from a Youth Worker where appropriate
- A personalised action plan for the young person to help them on the pathway to achieve their career goals
- A programme specifically designed for those with SEND
- Excellent links to the Gatsby Benchmarks and CDI framework
More about SfYP’s support for young people across Hertfordshire